You may have a large area around your home which you feel is bare, and you would like to start growing trees. Putting any old sapling into the ground may not give you the desired results, but your vision can come true with proper planning.
Pick The Right Trees
Taking steps to ensure you are putting in the right kind of tree for the climate, soil, and sun availability is vital. This can make the difference between the trees flourishing and surviving, to just limping along and slowly putting out some leaves.
Here Are Some Things To Consider And Decisions To Make Before You Start Growing Trees
1. You may want to start choosing the tree, but this will depend considerably on the spot you have to plant the tree. There are many suns; if not, you may have to go with an understory tree. Take a close look at the plot and find suitable trees for the spots available. Make sure no lines or buildings will interfere with the growing tree.
2. Check the Ph of the soil, and compare it with the needs of the trees you have chosen. Many reference materials will tell you the Ph parameters each tree needs. If needed, alter the Ph balance of the soil; this will help to ensure the growing trees do well. The Fastest Way to Grow Trees for a home garden..
3. Once you have the spot and choose your tree, you are ready to dig the hole. The hole must be about two or three times larger than the root ball. Partially fill the hole with compost or rich topsoil; mixing in pine bark mulch gives nitrogen.
4. Take the sapling out of its pot or sack, and place it into the hole. Add the rest of the soil rich with compost, and make it the same level as the ground around it. Water it well once a day, or twice if you see the soil has dried, for the first week once it is established; just water as needed for the first year.
5. To help it grow straight, you may need to put in a stake for the tree in the initial stages. Tie the stake loosely to the tree so that it does not hinder the growth of the tree. It is usually necessary to leave the stake until the roots are well established, which is about one year. How To Buy Trees With Our Nursery And Grow your Garden with your Tips and Tricks.